This tournament is based on FIFA Rules, however the following modifications apply.
- All games will be considered as final and no protest will be allowed.
- Team rosters will be a requirement at the start of the tournament.
- All players must be of the age of the group that they are playing in. Age is determined not by date of birth but by the calendar year of birth. This means the player must be or turn the age of the bracket by December 31 of the tournament year. Age can only be questioned by the team captain or manager. If there are any questions about age, the manager of the team (not a player) needs to ask the referee to check the player in question's ID. An age protest may only be made prior to the start of play, at the half time or immediately upon final whistle; the player in question must present the ID before the game clock runs down, but the player cannot play until cleared by the referee. At the time of protest both teams will repair to the sideline. The team managers, the referees and the player in question will meet in the middle of the field. No other persons are allowed on the field at this time. The referee will inspect the ID and their judgment will be final. Upon presentation play will resume until the end of time. If ID is requested at the end of play the player must present their ID within 5 minutes of the request.
THIS RULE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED: Teams that field ineligible players will be assessed with an automatic 0-3 loss on all games they played or were to play. There will be NO exceptions.
- Slide tackling is not allowed in the Over 35 Recreational, Over 40 Recreational, Over 48 Recreational, Over 55 and Over 60 divisions. Slide tackling is allowed in competitive divisions only. Slide tackling must be directed at the ball. Any slide tackles directed at players will result in a Red Card. Team managers may confer with the referee prior to the game at hand to amend the rule for the game being played.
- Unlimited substitutions will be permitted.
- Yellow Cards entail an automatic five (5) minute cooling off period. The player may be substituted. This includes goalies.
- A player ejected for a red card will automatically miss his team’s next game.
Depending on the severity of the ejection the Tournament Director has the right to extend the suspension.
- A player ejected for fighting or striking another player, will be suspended for the rest of the tournament. The team will play all remaining games with one less player.
- A player or team official (coach or manager) who physically attacks a player, referee or tournament official will be suspended from the rest of the tournament and possibly all future tournaments.
- Any player not playing for the team that was on the original roster will be disqualified and the team that allowed him to play will forfeit the game.
- Teams that forfeit games by no-show will not be invited to future tournaments.
- Players may be of any gender so long as the player meets the age requirement of their given bracket.
- The first place champion team will be granted complimentary registration for the 2014 tournament. The Recreational teams will only be granted complimentary registration in the Competitive bracket. $200 non-refundable reservation fee still applies. If you choose to play in the 2014 Recreational bracket you will have to pay your registration and reservation fee.
- Games are 60 minutes with 30 minute halves and a 5 minute rest. No tie-breaking in tournament play. Quarter-final ties broken with coin toss. Semi-final and final ties broken with Penalty Kicks.
- Teams have a 15 minute grace from start time until issued forfeiture for no show unless otherwise decided by the tournament director.
- If teams have uniforms that are the same color, letting them know the team that needs to change their uniform is the one designated as the "Home" team.
- If any issues arise on the fields, the team manager or captain needs to bring the issues to the referees attention and the referee will contact the tournament director if necessary.
- Any use of foul language will receive a yellow card. This enforces the first cautionable offense against unsporting conduct as listed in FIFA's soccer laws.
- Any dissent to the referee by a player or person other than the team captain or manager will receive a yellow card. This enforces the second cautionable offense against "dissent by word or action".
- Reservation fee is a separate non-refundable fee. The registration fee is $600. Cancellations may receive a partial refund of registration fee at the following schedule based on a start time of the Friday evening before play commences: 31 days or more prior or to the tournament $400 refund. 15 to 30 days prior $300. Within 14 days prior to the tournament no refunds allowed.
- All players must wear tournament wrist bands to play in tournament. Wristbands are issued at the beginning of the first match. Wristbands issued after the first match will be issued at a fee of $2.00 per player.
- Any breach in the rules or requirements may result in a team’s forfeiture. Rules grievances may be lodged with the tournament director at any time. Tournament Director has final say in all rules.
- All Players must individually register and sign the liability waiver.
The point system is as follows:
- 6 points for a win
- 4 points for a tie
- 1 point for every goal, up to 3 goals
- 1 point for shutout win (not a 0-0 tie)
- 1 point loss for a red card
- 10 points for a no-show forfeit, marked as a 0-3 win to the opposing team for all games played by forfeiting team
Point Tie breakers are as follows:
1 - Head to head result
2 - Goal Differential
3 - Most goals scored
4 - Least goals against
5 - Red cards
6 - Coin toss in Match play or QF (Over the phone)
REMINDER Team managers are entirely responsible to ensure that all players are properly registered and meet the age restrictions of the group that they are playing in. You further agree to convey the following waiver and release of liability information to your players and agree that they have read and understand the tournament rules and the Tournament Waiver and release of Liability located in the 2013 General Tournament Requirements. Your submission of the roster with all players' names and signatures confirms this action.
I agree to not sue the “King Cup Soccer Tournament,” its agents and representatives, and the owner of the playing fields used by the “King Cup Soccer Tournament”, for any injury incurred during any “King Cup Soccer Tournament” play and events. I understand and agree that the “King Cup Soccer Tournament” reserves the right to eject any player from play. I further understand and agree that the “King Cup Soccer Tournament” reserves the right to discontinue any player’s participation in the “King Cup Soccer Tournament” at any time and without compensation for any fees or dues paid by that player. I understand and agree that the “King Cup Soccer Tournament” reserves the right to amend or alter game schedules, venues and rules at any time.
Tournament Risk Waiver and Release of Liability:
I acknowledge that soccer and soccer tournaments are extreme tests of a person’s physical and mental limits and that my participation in a soccer event can cause potential death, serious injury, or property damage. With a full understanding of the potential risks, I HEREBY ASSUME THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING OR OFFICIATING IN A SOCCER EVENT. I hereby take the following action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns:
a) I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE King Cup Soccer tournament, its organizers, referees, associates and field owners from any and all claims or liabilities for death or personal injury or damages of any kind, which arise out of or relate to my traveling to and from or my participation in the King Cup Soccer tournament;
b) I AGREE NOT TO SUE the King Cup Soccer tournament, its organizers, referees, associates and or field owners for any of the claims or liabilities that I have waived, released or discharged herein;
c) I INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the King Cup Soccer tournament, its organizers, referees, associates and or field owners from any claims made or liabilities assessed against them as a result of my actions.
d) I UNDERSTAND NO PLAYER INSURANCE or coverage is included in this tournament.
1. I have read and understand the Waiver and Release of Liability;
2. I am at least eighteen (18) years old;
3. By submitting the attached roster I agree and consent to abide by the Waiver and Release of Liability set forth herein;
4. I have conveyed all of the above terms to everyone representing my team.
5. The Names and signatures on this roster are valid, true and accurate.
Please click here for a .pdf of the roster form
Keep Posted! Join Our Mailing List!
If you have questions regarding the tournaments, please contact us:
Travel Leaders, Travel Center Inc.
1142 Broadway Plaza, Suite 100
Tacoma, WA 98402