GENERAL TOURNAMENT REQUIREMENTS
MANDATORY MANAGERS MEETING
No mandatory coaches/managers meeting will be held for 2020 due to COVID.
Each team may have a maximum of twenty (20) players on their roster EXCEPT,
for teams in the “60 & 65 and Over” division, who may have (22) players on their roster.
All Rosters are Final at midnight on October 23rd.
Rosters must be done electronically and verified by the Manager.
Players are allowed to play on only one (1) team in a division.
Players must appear on the roster to be eligible to play.
All rostered players must sign the COVID Waiver.
All players must have a valid government-issued photo I.D. with date of birth.
Players are required to have their I.D. available at the field, in the event that a protest is made regarding
age. Any passport used as ID must have stamps in it.
Coaches or managers are responsible for making sure that the proper score is recorded on the referee's
score card at the end of each game.
TRASH BAGS AND CONTAINERS
Every team is required to pick up after themselves.
Trash containers are available throughout the soccer complex.
Additional trash bags can be obtained at the concession stand.
HELP US KEEP OUR FIELDS CLEAN.
This tournament will be played under FIFA Rules, however the following modifications apply.
1. All games will be considered as final and no protest will be allowed, not applicable to forfeiture
defaults or imposition.
2. Team rosters must be submitted prior to the start of the tournament.
3. All players must be of the age of the group that they are playing in. Age is determined not by date of
birth but by the calendar year of birth. This means the player must be or turn the age of the bracket by
December 31 of the tournament year. Age can only be questioned by the team captain or manager. If
there are any questions about age, the manager of the team (not a player) needs to ask the referee to
check the player in question's ID. An age protest may only be made prior to the start of play, at the half time
or immediately upon final whistle; the player in question must present the ID before the game
clock runs down, but the player cannot play until cleared by the referee. At the time of protest both
teams will repair to the sideline. The team managers, the referees and the player in question will meet
in the middle of the field. No other persons are allowed on the field at this time. The referee will inspect
the ID and their judgment will be final. Upon presentation, play will resume until the end of time. If ID is
requested at the end of play the player must present their ID within 5 minutes of the request.
THIS RULE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED: Teams that field ineligible players will be assessed with an
automatic 0-3 loss. There will be NO exceptions.
4. Slide tackling is not allowed. Any slide tackles will result in a Red Card. If both teams in a game so
choose, team managers may confer with the referee prior to the game at hand to amend the rule for
the game being played. Slide tackling must be directed at the ball. Any slide tackles directed at players
may result in a Red Card.
5. Unlimited substitutions will be permitted at any break in play upon notifying the referee.
6. Yellow Cards entail an automatic five (5) minute cooling off period. The player may be substituted.
This includes goalies.
7. A player ejected for a red card will automatically miss his team's next game. Depending on the
severity of the ejection, the Tournament Director has the right to extend the suspension.
8. A player ejected for fighting or striking another player, will be suspended for the rest of the
tournament. The team will play future games with one less player.
9. A player or team official (coach or manager) who physically attacks a player, referee, or tournament
official will be suspended from the rest of the tournament and possibly all future tournaments, at the
discretion of the tournament director.
10. Any player not playing for the team that was on the original roster will be disqualified and the team
that allowed him to play will forfeit the game.
11. Teams that forfeit games by no-show will not be invited to future tournaments.
12. Players may be of any gender, so long as the player meets the age requirement of their given
13. The first-place champion teams will be granted a discount off registration of the 2021 Harvest Cup
tournament in their bracket if tournament occurs with that age group and the 2021 age group this year
and next year is of 8 teams or more. Teams must still register.
14. Games are 60 minutes with 30-minute halves and a 5-minute rest. No tie-breaking in tournament
play. Quarter-final ties broken with 5 penalty kicks then ended by sudden death with the first missed
goal. Semi-final and final ties broken with Penalty Kicks.
15. Teams shall have a 15-minute grace from start time until issued forfeiture for no show unless
otherwise decided by the tournament director.
16. If teams have uniforms that are the same color, the team designated as the home team needs to
change their uniform.
17. If any issues arise on the fields, the team manager or captain needs to bring the issues to the
referee's attention and the referee will contact the tournament director if necessary.18. Any use of foul l
anguage will receive a yellow card. This enforces the first cautionable offense against unsporting conduct
as listed in FIFA's soccer laws.
19. Any dissent to the referee by a player or person other than the team captain or manager will receive
a yellow card. This enforces the second cautionable offense against "dissent by word or action".
20. Registration fee is non-refundable. Total Registration Fee is $950.00 -- $350.00 reservation deposit
is due by July 31, 2020, with remaining balance due by September 15, 2020. Cancellations will receive
a partial refund depending on the following periods of cancellation (based on the Friday evening before
play commences): 60 days from tournament start: $300. 60 to 30 days prior: $200. 30 to 15 days prior: $100.
14 days prior to tournament start: no refunds issued. Tournament organizers reserve the right to cancel
the tournament for any reason at any time. In such an event, full refunds will be issued.
22. Any breach in the rules or requirements may result in a team's forfeiture. Rules grievances may be
lodged with the tournament director at any time. Tournament Director has final say in all rules.
23. All Players must individually register and sign the liability waiver and Sign the separate COVID Waiver.
24. Any breach in the rules, requirements, distasteful action or suspected foul play may result in a
25. Rules grievances may be lodged with the tournament director at any time.
26. Tournament Director has final say in all rules.
27. Wear a mask while not playing.
The point system is as follows:
6 points for a win
4 points for a tie
1 point for every goal, up to 3 goals
1 point for shut out win (not a 0-0 tie)
1 point loss for a red card
Please read the following carefully.
REMINDER: Team managers are entirely responsible to ensure that all players are properly registered
and meet the age restrictions of the group that they are playing in. You further agree to convey the
following waiver and release of liability information to your players and agree that they have read and
understand the tournament rules and the Tournament Waiver and Release of Liability located in the
2017 General Tournament Requirements. Your submission of the roster with all players' names and
signatures confirm this action.
Participants agree to not sue the "Harvest Cup Soccer Tournament," its agents and representatives, and
the owner of the playing fields used by the "Harvest Cup Soccer Tournament", for any injury incurred
during any "Harvest Cup Soccer Tournament" play and events. Participants understand and agree that
the "Harvest Cup Soccer Tournament" reserves the right to eject any player or team from play. I further
understand and agree that the "Harvest Cup Soccer Tournament" reserves the right to discontinue any
player's or teams participation in the "Harvest Cup Soccer Tournament" at any time and without
compensation for any fees or dues paid by that player. I understand and agree that the "Harvest Cup
Soccer Tournament" reserves the right to amend or alter game schedules, venues and rules at any time.
Tournament Risk Waiver and Release of Liability:
Participation is acknowledgement that soccer and soccer tournaments are extreme tests of a person's
physical and mental limits and participation in a soccer event can cause potential death, serious injury,
or property damage. With a full understanding of the potential risks, YOU AND YOUR TEAM HEREBY
ASSUME THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING OR OFFICIATING IN A SOCCER EVENT. You hereby take the
following action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns.
By participating in this event you understand there is no guarantee of safety or insurance coverage for
physical damage. You further understand the implied risk of participating in a sporting event of this
nature and you execute the following:
a.) YOU WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE Harvest Cup Soccer tournament, its organizers,
referees, associates and field owners from any and all claims or liabilities for death or personal
injury or damages of any kind, which arise out of or relate to my traveling to and from or my participation
in the Harvest Cup Soccer tournament;
b) YOU AGREE NOT TO SUE the Harvest Cup Soccer tournament, its organizers, referees, associates
and or field owners for any of the claims or liabilities that you have waived, released or discharged herein;
c) YOU INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the Harvest Cup Soccer tournament, its organizers, referees,
associates and or field owners from any claims made or liabilities assessed against them as a result of my actions.
1. You have read and understand the Waiver and Release of Liability;
2. You are at least eighteen (18) years old;
3. By submitting the attached roster you agree and consent to abide by the Waiver and Release of Liability
set forth herein and agree to receive the express oral consent from all players you have participating on
your team that they do the same.